Sunday, June 8, 2014

June '14


WoooHOOOO!! 
They came... They finally got here, my Blendabilities!!

Oh the poor UPS man, I could not wait for him to get to the door, I had to go to the truck... He didn't even have to get out of the truck.  ;-)

So, trying to figure out what stamp to use, one that I have not seen before... 
Then remembering that another graduation card is needed ... here is how it started, 
The graduates favorite color, Yellow!!




Using only two groups... Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive.
Note... the table is somewhat clean... this did not last long... 
Today's post is from the craft room.... so you can see some of the steps.


She sure looks pretty,  

Starting with the middle shade of Rich Razzleberry, and thinking what was going to make the most impact...


Using the Momento Ink you can still see the details of the original stamp!!





Using the darkest Rich Razzleberry for depth towards the middle and on the outlines (which I did get slightly heavy handed with, but this is my first time using these)

The Old Olive middle shade was used on the middle wing section and the lighter shade was used on the body.








Just to give you the complete picture, here you can see how heavy handed I got...

Oooops!






Now onto the the card... 

Have you pulled ribbon and just wasn't sure which to start with??

Have you used more then one type of ribbon before? 
Here is a challenge for you... Make a card with a minimum of three different types of ribbon/twine and post on Whispers In Ink on Facebook!!



Pulling colors that looked like they would highlight the colors used on the butterfly, Hello Honey, Daffodil Delight, Mossy Meadow, Linen Thread and Burlap Ribbon (which did not get used) I wondered where to take this card... Knowing that the Graduate would be getting a check as a gift.. The card needed an inner pocket, and wanting to use the butterfly on the inside...



Stamping off the Swallowtail a couple of times so it would just be a hint of the butterfly. 
Dark enough to see, but light enough to be able to write over it.



Loving all the textures this ribbon adds... 




Looking forward to getting some of the new stamps and playing more with the Blendabilities practice makes perfect, hahaha

Have a Great day getting Crafty!!
 check me out on Facebook too...
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! Such an exciting post today! I could feel it just reading and seeing the progress of the card come to life! LoL that poor UPS man! Bet he nearly felt threatened! LoL Wish I'd been there to see that! Your card is beyond lovely! I can't wait to get to play with the Blendabilities now that you have shared with us. You have once again inspired me Jen, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Jen! Must get that butterfly! May need to borrow your camera to participate in your FB challenge. I'm game. :-)

    ReplyDelete