Tuesday, April 1, 2014

It started with...

Happy Tuesday Everyone! 
 Happy first of the month!!
Happy $1.00 day....

This post is all about something that spurred an idea from just $1.00


This little wooden "basket".  
It was actually found for me, she knows who she is... and she was right, I love it!
So cute, right?? but what do you see??

Here is what I saw....
I was describing this idea, in its infancy, to my hubby and he says... ohhh so like an Easter basket.  So, I went with that.... Thanks sweetie!
 

 See the new rosette die?? and of course the petite petal?? 
The stamped flowers are from Betsy's Blossoms.





Using the scalloped punch it looks almost like a flowered letter.  










Keeping the raffia was a great place to perch a butterfly. Just an excuse, but it goes....








This birdhouse is made from the purse die and early espresso core'dinations paper... again it was the hubby who said it needed a bird inside.  The roof is made from one of the floral frames collection.  This little butterfly is a great way to "hide" a knot.

  


Trying to figure out what was used for the "house"?? 
Have you guessed?? It is 2 cut outs of the milk carton die. The roof is the pansy punch and petite petals punch. 


 
Now what to use for grass?? humm, How about candy?? 
The rest of the "basket" was filled with Easter candy.  

I hope you are enjoying this 1st of April.  Have a Great day getting Crafty!!

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this! Once again you are thinking outside the box! or Basket in this case..Hard to pick a favorite part but as you know the pansy punch and petite petal punch are favorites of mine. Thanks for inspiring me and Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this idea. Every Easter I come up with some different basket for my kids. I never thought to use stampin up to decorate them. Great inspiration thanks.

    ReplyDelete