Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jan '12



Happy Tuesday everyone!! Here is just one thing I have been working on in the craft room this week.  Don't you just love the new heart Framelits?? This wreath started out with just Real Red and Regal Rose. The top heart was cut using the largest die the scallop heart and then run through the crimper.  The bottom heart was using the second heart like the surrounding, but Red Riding Hood Pleated Satin Ribbon adorns it.  The hanger is Real Red Grosgrain ribbon and I had to add something to that.... Cherry Cobbler seam binding in a double bow with Twill Tape which was stamped in Real Red with 'love' from the Tiny Tags set, but the last touch was the 'scrap' of Victoria Crochet Trim. 





The new Fashionable Hearts Embosslits completes the tie. 




The adding of several textures and patterns adds to the interest of this wreath. The following DSP was used in this project, Twitterpated, Flirtatious Specialty, Hostess-Cheerful Treat, Red glitter paper and retired (but needed!) Holly Berry Bouquet.  I needed the polka dots!! Other ribbons, then above, used in this wreath, Melon Mambo Scallop Dots, Whisper White 3/8 Taffeta Ribbon, Crumb Cake Seam Binding, retired Whisper White- Early Espresso- Real Red 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon along with several pieces of Hemp Twine. Buttons from the Designer Buttons in Sublets and Twitterpated.
You can add to the laundry list of supplies: Small Heart punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslits (of course it MUST have butterflies), Floral Fusion Sizzlits,  glimmer brads, rhinestones AND the new large Pearls.

Phew, that sure is a lot of stuff... Here is the thing, when I began it was simple the photo on the lower left.  I called my sister the painter (new mommy too)  and asked her what it needed... she said contrast.  I was stumped by this because I did not know where to begin.  There was paper in my scrap bin that I kept picking up.  It was the stripped paper from Cheerful Treat, Love that cheery paper!! I tried a couple pieces and there it was.  We all need guidance on projects, I would love to help you when you get stumped next time!!




 A very special Thank you to my Sister, Mindy for her inspiration in this project!!


Have a great day getting Crafty!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your wreath! Thanks for sharing.
    teadrinkingstamper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete